Monday, February 3, 2014

After The Approval



Two weeks from today Penelope Mei will be in our arms!!!

This may be stating the obvious, but I feel sooooo much better! It's like a million pound weight has been lifted off my heart. It is so very nice not to be completely glued to my phone all day waiting for an email that brings us closer to our daughter. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the panic of leaving the boys will set in soon, I type this with my teeny tiny baby  60 pound 4 year old on my lap with his fabulous arms wrapped around my neck. I can't imagine how much I will miss these boys!


Since we got our TA, I had a busy couple of days figuring out flights. We used a travel agent who specializes in adoption travel. Apparently booking a 2 year old a one way ticket to America is a little more complicated than one might imagine.

We know we leave for China next Wednesday, February 12th. Our "Gotcha Day" (the day we get Penelope) is February 17th. Other than that we don't know much in the way of travel details. We are flying out of Chicago, nonstop flights! I am completely amazed that a plane can go from Chicago to China without stopping!
We will get our itinerary tomorrow, then tomorrow afternoon we have our conference call with Josh, the owner and founder of our agency.
More to come as we get more details....

I can't close this without saying a huge Thank You to everyone for the prayers, congratulations, and well wishes. I can't say enough how much it means to us! We have been overwhelmed with the interest, support, encouragement, and kindness. I really plan to try to blog from China so stay tuned.I love all the comments on the blog. Sarah shares the facebook comments with me as well.
Thank You Thank You Thank You! 





8 comments:

Megan said...

I can't believe it she will be in your arms soon!! We will be praying for good weather so no more delays!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Fulton Family!!

Anonymous said...

I don't know if you remember this, but when I was still pregnant at Kendra Will's you stopped and talked to me. When I told you I was having a girl, you smiled and said there is nothing like a little girl. Looking back, I am wondering if your daughter was already being layed on your heart. And just so you know.... You were right... There is nothing like it. I am so excited for you ( and your boys). Praying for safe travels and a healthy girl! Have fun!

Ashley Jansen

Anonymous said...

At Kendra's wedding!

Anonymous said...

To go with Ashley's comment, the first time your met Elizabeth the look in your eyes, I could tell Little Penelope was in your heart and you were just waiting for God to find a little Fulton girl! It's Just amazing that your little princess is waiting for you, She is so lucky to have 3 big brothers to protect her as well!! You are going love being a mommy to a girl, having tea party's with bears and wearing dresses and tiaras. And Jason, be prepared there is such an emotional change that happens when you have a girl, you will be her first love! I am so blessed to be a apart of this! Thank you for opening this adventure to all of us.

John Megan and izzy

Unknown said...

Yay! Congrats! I can't wait to see new pictures! I had a dream last night I met Penelope but... She was 8 and very healthy and smart with a cute little bob cut and her ears pierced!! Enjoy your trip to China!

Anonymous said...

This day and age when Christians are being attacked for their stand for Christ, it is so heartening to see the Lord working in such a BIG way and you guys to acknowledge it so boldly. One thing is for certain Penelope was meant to be. You can see God's handiwork in your adoption process. She is one fortunate young lady to be loved by so many. She will have a wonderful life and grow up with the knowledge that God knew her before she was born and knew she would be a Fulton. Your posts always bring tears to my eyes. Sometimes disappointment and lastly of all joy. God is so good all the time. Can't wait for her to be in your arms and for you all to be back in Jasper county. Love you guys. A BIG CONGRATUKATIONS. WELOCME TO THE FAMILY. WE LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!
Carolyn (Keckie)

Anonymous said...

Geez I can't type should be CONGRATULATIONS AND WELCOME TO THE FAMILY. This is from your crazy great aunt keckie who is so excited for you and looking forward to seeing you here in jasper county where much love awaits you.

 
Blog Design by: Simply Yours Designs