Thursday, February 13, 2014

Live From Beijing!!


We're here!! I had typed a whole post on the plane, thought I saved it but I guess not. We survived the flight. Nonstop for I think 14 hours. Flight was completely full. So glad we had economy plus, 5 extra inches of leg room definitely felt worth it! The business class seats looked like heaven...
The flight had plenty of entertainment and it felt like they were constantly feeding us. 
 
Getting off the plane. We were the Foreigners! After I took the picture I saw the "no cameras" sign. Oops. 
Went through immigration and customs. You had to mark the purpose for your visit. 'Settle Down' sounds nice....
Our guide, Cecelia, was waiting for us and the other family we are traveling with at the airport. 
She told us so much about Beijing on the way to our hotel. I hope Gabe is able to remember it, he should be able to give an awesome report! 
We had dinner at a noodles shop just down from our hotel. They put us in the NBA room. It was funny. 
I didn't take food pictures, but we had authentic noodles, that were awesome, fried rice, and spring rolls. So much food, so cheap.  The picture of the tea is for my mam-you would love it! 

Outside 7-eleven which is across the street from our hotel. We're not supposed to drink the water here. I of course immediately forgot and brushed my teeth with the sink water. Hoping I don't need the cipro.....
Our hotel is beautiful. We've already been needy asking for help with extra pillows, trying to get the AC to work (spoiler alert-it doesn't) and figuring out the powere adapters. 
As I type this, Jason mad Gabe are both asleep. I've talked to Dex & Q, they sound great. For the very first time, Penelope and I are sleeping at the same time in the same country. Soon it will be in the same room!!
Tomorrow we tour Beijing. This is so surreal. I'm still not sure I believe I am here! 
Thank so much for all the nought a, prayers, comments and messages. They mean a lot to us!!
All our Love from the other side of the world!! 













16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just talked to your boys. They seem great! Bamp is hanging in there. Thanks for the updates! Enjoy the experience. Love you guys.
Jill

Kate said...

Ridiculously exciting. Enjoy every minute!

Sarah D said...

The tea looks a little weak??

Jack has a lot of comments about China, I'll try to keep track of them. He assumes their has to be dead bodies everywhere because of all of the Chinese throwing stars. He's REALLY like you to bring one back for him.

You missed Becky Sappenfield cookies at Awana last night. I got a few for you to put in the freezer. Then I ate them.

Megan said...

Glad you guys made it safely. Still praying for you all- enjoy seeing the sights!

Sarah D said...

I apologize for all the typos, spelling errors and grammatical mistakes. Now that I know Jill could read this I am so, so ashamed.

Anonymous said...

So enjoying seeing China through your eyes. Glad you made it safe and sound (Still have mom in me and worried just a little). Enjoy the sights and keep the bog going with lots of pictures. Love you and praying for you.

Anonymous said...

That last comment was from Carolyn Carr sorry.

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you made it enjoy your time and can't wait to see you holding your princess!!!!

Leslie Meinhart

Anonymous said...

The Coffee Shop is going to be the place to be the next couple of weeks. coffee, pancakes, free entertainment courtesy of Dexter and Quinn! Cant wait for some face timing With VANELOPE (per Cooper!) love ya!

p.s. i ate all the cookies, too. ill make you a ding dong cake :)

Rebekah

Anonymous said...

We tracked you all the way. Glad you didn't check Settle, we want you back! lol We ate QQ Mattoon yesterday. One of owners had her little girl there, Angelina, age 3. I showed her pics of Penelope, she kept coming back to our table giggling and wanting to see more. Her mother told us to bring Penelope in, she wants to meet her. Love all the pics, keep them coming! All our love, Nanny & PaPa

horst said...

I woke this morning thinking of you. So glad you're there!! Gabe looks so much like his Dad in one of those pics.

Michelle P. said...

This post makes my pulse quicken! So many fond memories from not so long ago... Enjoy your time in China, Michelle! You won't forget it! Blessings to you and your family!

-Michelle P.

P.S. Cecilia (and Alice) were wonderful guides. You will find that to be true of all of CCAI's guides.

Anonymous said...

so happy n made it thru w/no tears till the comment on sleeping at the same time w/ur princess...cant imagine the emotions ur going thru but prayin for ur family n both time zones :)

Anonymous said...

Enjoy! Can't wait for the real reason you are there! Have fun! Gary and Terri

Anonymous said...

Excited for all of you!!! Can't wait to see pics of you guys holding your daughter and little sister!! Susan Lindley

horst said...

Please continue posting the pictures. You are the top entertainment this week!!!
So happy for you!

 
Blog Design by: Simply Yours Designs