Friday, February 21, 2014

Aquarium and Last Day in Zhengzhou

Today was is last day in ZZ. Trying to get this post up tonight, tomorrow will be a travel day so don't count on me posting anything. 

Before I go on, a have a comment from another family in Marshall adopting from CCAI. Please email me, I'd love to stay in touch! pmichellefulton@msn.com

So today we were basically just waiting on Penelope's passport. We went to an Aquarium here in Zhengzhou. We were ready to get out of the hotel. 

Where else can you feed fish with a bottle! 





Penelope was only mildly interested in the fish. 


The Sea Lion show was hilarious. The smaller sea lion was performing to Celine Dion's "My Heart Will Go On" from Titanic. I think the Americans were the only ones laughing historically, but it cracked us up! 


Elijah and Joshua are both awesome! Elijah is hilarious. He is not even 2 and speaks in full sentences, but we can't understand anything he is saying. Our guide translates and it turns out he's telling his dad off or something equally funny. Our driver is , shall we say, disinterested. Elijah even had him cracking up. Love these boys and their parents! 

Next we saw a mermaid show. There was a bad guy, a mermaid, and a prince. We couldn't understand the narrative, obviously, but it was cute. It ended with Celine Dion version of "Beauty and the Beast" also hilarious. 



This afternoon we played in the room and packed up. Penelope seems to be coming to life more and more every day. She was laughing tonight. She has the sweetest little voice, we can't wait to hear more of it. Generally she is just very quiet. No words yet. Can't wait to hear her call me mama!


Guess who got a passport! Her Chinese passport will only be good for getting her back to the US. 

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is the sweetest smile...I can almost hear her laugh. The changes are amazing. I can't wait for Hadley to get home so I can show her these pics...she has been worried that Penelope was scared. It's hard to explain Penelope's life before Fulton in a way she can comprehend. She will love the pics of her laughing! What a beauty! Hurry home...there is lots of love waiting! Safe travels...love you guys!
Amanda

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear her laugh! I bet it is so cute!! Look at them pretty pink fingernails!!!! So glad she's becoming more interested everyday! Safe travels

Brooke Harvey

Anonymous said...

Getting more excited every day! Be safe in your travels today. Love the picture of her smile!
Bridgett F

Anonymous said...

Oh and Madeline said my bow my bow!!! They match!! Madeline received a set of bows in Nov for RAK for her on Penelope's birthday and they both have matching bows!!

Brooke Harvey

Sarah D said...

The fingernails are painted!!
Ya Ya has been waiting to see those little nails with color on them!! I can't stop looking at the picture of her smiling. It's amazing.

I bet the sea lion show was hilarious and I would have peed my pants. I'll have a polar pop in your honor today.

Sarah and Annalea said...

That smile!! We can't wait to hear her voice either! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh My, I have been waiting to see her smiling face. She is beautiful!! Remember the dream I had about her and her giggling and smiling, wonder if her voice sounds like I dreamed. Feeding fish with a bottle, what do they feed them? Love her pink nails and the outfits are so cute.
We are looking forward to the boys coming today. Will have a corn dog ready for Q. although I have meat loaf, mac & cheese and apple crisp.
JoLee told me about the couple adopting from the same agency and said she forwarded your blog to them.
Love you all, praying for safe travels to next city. Face time us tonight if you get a chance.
Nanny

Unknown said...

What a great smile! And love the pink nails!!! Pretty girl!

Anonymous said...

We love the smile on Penelope and the ones on your faces!!

The Riddle's

Megan and fam said...

Aww that smile melts my heart, she is going to become such a happy child!! Good luck with travels.

Anonymous said...

CFP CHECKING IN. . . . loving the fashions, and the nails. What a sweet smile. Is big brother making her laugh? Is it just me or is the passport as big as she is?

Debbie and Jess

The Paper Princess said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristy Grissom said...

Ahhh I love that smile- and her cute little painted fingernails!!! Adorable! Can't wait to read more! Praying you have a safe travel day!

Unknown said...

Praise God! I was so excited to see her beautiful smile. It won't be long until she figures out how loved she is and smiles all the time.

Anonymous said...

Love the one with her big smile.! So sweet. Have safe travels back home!

Marla Helmink said...

Love the one with her big smile.! So sweet. Have safe travels back home!

Anonymous said...

Another day closer ! Thank you for sharing we love checking in on the journey ! The pictures are priceless !

Lisa and Madalyn

Anonymous said...

Painted fingernails?!?! Cuteness overload! Thanks for sharing all of this with us, prayers continue for you all. Safe travels!

Megan

Holly Emory said...

Crying real tears of joy over that big beautiful smile. I am truly enjoying your journey! <3

Keeping up with the Lauritzen's said...

Love the outfit!
Love love love the passport picture!
But absolutely adore the picture with her smile showing her teeth!

 
Blog Design by: Simply Yours Designs