Wednesday, February 12, 2014

And We're Off....



We're in Chicago. I'm typing this from the airport Holiday Inn Express. We fly out at 11 something tomorrow morning. 
This is my first post from my iPad so bear with me if it looks weird. 

Leaving the boys was rough. Many tears were shed. All by Jason and I. The boys were fine. I did my best to try to make things as easy as possible for them, but the truth is I think they're going to have.  Great time hanging out with Mam & Bamp and Nanny & Papa. 

They have a little treat for each day we're gone. 

We had some fun this evening before we left. 
Our last picture as a family of 5!!!
Our luggage was overweight so we made some last minute adjustments and that was it. We walked out. Walked out of the life we knew. On an adventure of a life time to start something great. 

As I site here tonight, it's already Wednesday in China. The last Wednesday Penelope will spend in the orphanage. Just a few more days.
We're coming baby girl!!





7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Safe travels. Praying for everyone. Soak it all up. Amy Tarr

Browningblog said...

Posted a comment the other day from my ipad and it apparently didn't "stick". So happy for all of you! Can't wait to meet Miss Penelope. Safe travels, praying for you!

Megan said...

Have a safe a trip!! Sending prayers your way.

Anonymous said...

So excited for you! Prayers for safe travel and no hiccups! -Kristy Grissom

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. So happy for all of you!.....The Riddle's

Anonymous said...

I am so very happy for you and for this lucky little girl you will soon hold in your arms. A long journey but well worth it. Many prayers and thougths being sent your way for safe travels and happy times. Best Wishes! Can't wait to see the pictures from your trip. Thank you for sharing your journey with all of us. It's been wonderful to watch.

Anonymous said...

So exciting! Congratulations and best wishes! When you get to Guangzhou, make sure to visit Cow and Bridge Thai restaurant and Lucy's Cafe. Have a safe trip home! -The Yager's

 
Blog Design by: Simply Yours Designs