Thursday, January 30, 2014

We're Going To China!!!!

                       

Wow. I think I'm still in shock. 
The last 48 hours have been a whirlwind to say the least. I was so sure we would get the TA (travel approval) on Tuesday. Needless to say, it didn't come. I fell apart. To say I was a hot mess would be an understatement. This was it. We were at a standstill again. I thought it would be February 10th before anything else could happen.
Our agency had said we really needed it Tuesday. Even if we got our TA the next day, the US Embassy was closing today for Chinese New Year so it was doubtful they would be issuing consulate appointments, the last thing we needed to be able to book our travel
So I didn't sleep. I went to work but I felt awful and looked worse, two patients asked me if I had pink eye. I left work for home knowing it was probably too late.
Then it came. THE call. Our agency called to say they were expecting our travel approval and wanted to talk about possible travel dates. The TAs weren't there yet and there was no guarantee the consulate would give the appointment we needed before they closed.
So a couple of hours later, after office hours, the TA did arrive!! Now we still had one more hurdle, whether we could get the consulate appointment.

At 10:01 this morning, we got it. We got the appointment we needed!!

We're going to China!! I'm not sure it's even hit me yet. I just bought plane tickets. Jason, Gabe & I leave in less than 2 weeks!
Penelope will be in our arms on February 17th, 8 months to the day that we sent our official Letter of Intent to adopt her.

I'm hoping I have something more eloquent to say when this all sinks in. For now, this is enough.

Penelope Mei, We're Coming!!


5 comments:

Nanny said...

Yeah!!! Finally!! I have shed a lot of happy tears today. Can't wait to meet her and give her Nanny's love. Been praying every day for this, but the wait sure has tested our family's patience!!!

Sarah D said...

GO GET OUR GIRL!!!

Stephanie said...

So happy for you!!!

Unknown said...

Yay!!! So happy for you guys!! Can't wait to meet her!!

Stephen and Angela said...

Michelle, we are SOOOO excited for your family!!! Can't wait to get to follow along and see you with your girl in your arms!! ~ Angela Kull

 
Blog Design by: Simply Yours Designs