Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Snowmageddon, Cabin Fever, & Adoption Progress

Like everyone else, we spent the past few days snowed in. Jason plowed snow during the snow on Sunday. I questioned the logic at the time, but it's a good thing he did or he never would have been able to get us out on Monday.



Gabe and Dex "helped"



At first Q said he wasn't going out... 

But that didn't last long. He bundled up & joined the fun. 

They lasted about 7 minutes till they were back inside with reports of who threw which snowball too hard. 

I think the plowing on Monday was a little colder!! 



We've had lots of time on our hands. Dex & Quinn played airport. They got out their snugglies and off they went on a flight to Disney World.


I went back to work today. I was ready to be out of the house. Snow day for all my boys again tomorrow!

On the adoption front, we had more progress today!
After our I800 was approved, we needed the National Visa Center to process it. Once processed they issue us a GUZ #. I don't know what that means but I know we needed it. It usually takes about a week. We got the GUZ today on day 8, not bad with the New Year's holiday. With this number I was able to fill out some immigration applications we need for Zi Shu to get a Visa to enter the US.

Tonight, which is tomorrow in Ch*na, our agency's Ch*na staff will deliver our documents to the Ch*nese Consulate.
Truth-I'm not sure what happens from there, I think they review everything one last time. After 10 business days (so 2 weeks from tomorrow) they will issue our Article 5. This is the LAST THING we need prior to receiving our travel approval!!
We have asked for an expedite on our Article 5. We don't know if it will be granted our not. If we get the Article 5 quicker it gives us a much better chance for travel approval before everything shuts down for on 1/31 for Ch*nese New Year.

This isn't what we got today, it's the official pretty copy of our LOA that arrived yesterday via Fed Ex 


0 comments:

 
Blog Design by: Simply Yours Designs