Saturday, March 8, 2014

One Week In

Shall we start with a super cute picture?

So we're now one week in our new gig as a family of 6. Overall, I will say so far, so good. Penelope Mei is doing great. She is adjusting to her new home and family quite well so far. 


Her brothers argue over who gets to feed her. This picture is typical of Quincy so far-right in her face. She's started grunting and swatting at him, it's pretty funny. 

 Penelope amazes us each day with her progress. She really likes to play with toys.
 She can army crawl. She crawled a big circle around our family room on Wednesday.
 Loving her Mam!


Wednesday was a big day! She showed off yet another skill! She pulled up on the couch! She then proceeded to "cruise" a few steps. Mama was very impressed! 


 She had fun playing with her cousin Cooper.

 Then showing off her strong legs for Gabe.

 QQ finally got to giver her a bottle! He was more thrilled about it than she was.



 Love, love, love this picture!

 Love this one too. Quincy is the first one home in the afternoons so he has some extra time to play with Penelope.

 Or invade her personal space. Whichever.

 

 Would love to know what she's thinking. How do you say "get out of my face" in Mandarin??

 I will say, I am proud of the boys, especially Quincy. He may look huge, but he's only 4. He LOVES babies so I knew he would love Penelope, but he also loves his mama. He is quite happy to rock, suck his thumb, and be carried. At 60 pounds. And I am quite happy with it too. A few times I've been carrying Penelope and Q wanted me to carry him too. Umm, OK. I didn't make it far but I carried them both. He's needed to share me a little more than he would like. I'm proud of him for taking it so well.
 Photo credit goes to Quincy.
 Our friend Brooke Harvey loaned us some baby gear and developmental toys. Today Penelope sat in the walker for the first time. She didn't mind it too much. Her preference is to be held at all times by mama. I am happy to oblige about 99% of the time, but a girl needs a shower....
 Penelope seems to have quite the imagination! Today she got a tea party set that she loves! She pretends to stir her cup. Here she's feeding Gabe. Thanks Carr family! Come back when you can stay for a visit!

 Um Brooke, I'm sure this was not what you had in mind when you loaned us Madeline's walker. I would try to say there haven't been walker races already but I'm a really bad liar....

 Now I know this wasn't what you had in mind!!

Penelope went to the pediatrician on Thursday. As we knew, she is quite tiny. She has gained 10 oz with us, now weighs 16lbs14oz. She is no where near on the charts, but Dr Stoltz was very positive about her potential to catch up developmentally. She got 4 shots and had blood drawn. She handled it very well.


We couldn't be happier with how our first week has gone. Penelope has made more progress than I could have possibly imagined. We are so proud of her and the boys, and so thankful that we all all together!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is doing so good!! Before you know it all of her clothes will fit!! I have a feeling Q and Penelope is going to be getting in a lot of trouble together. I love seeing those beautiful babies of yours. Izzy saw your last post and kept hugging the phone and saying aww baby. Thank you for keepin the blog going I look forward to seeing new pics of her.
Megan n the fam

Anonymous said...

I just new miss P was going to do great things. She's simply amazing! That girl is kicking it into overdrive!! I LOVE the walker races! D and Q would make a good racing team. Who knew toddler toys could be so much fun?! I love all the new pictures, Penelope is just the cutest little thing. She's beginning to be quiet the little poser :-) Glad she had a good check up and hope her poor little legs didn't hurt to bad after them shots. But I seen grandma was there to make it all better. You know my # if you need anything. Talk to ya soon
Brooke H.

Anonymous said...

Love reading the updates. I hope you continue with the blog :)

Anonymous said...

Watching all her progress is nothing short of the most amazing miracle imaginable! We can't wait to meet her!
D and N

Anonymous said...

I too, hope you continue to blog! Shes so cute!! I love how her legs are wrapped around her Mam. So so so precious!! How are her diapers?? Any better? ...poor baby!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the updates. I knew she was going to thrive in that house, if it were me I would, look at all the love, fun and excitement!

Anonymous said...

awesome news n she will blow ur mind w/her growing just give her time

tjghast said...

LOVE this post! I especially love the pictures of your mom with Penelope. and the last picture of you two in the doctors office. Glad we got a glimpse of her this morning in church! Can't wait until next week!

Anonymous said...

Love watching the progress she is making!

Anonymous said...

How precious this beautiful baby is, you are truly blessed and so is she.

 
Blog Design by: Simply Yours Designs