Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Slow.....

Unfortunately, I have nothing to share about Zi Shu. We continue to wait on our LOA, the letter from China we need to move on to the next step. Our agency had predicted 1-2 months, we are currently on day 41.
                                         

I'm not gonna lie, waiting is tough. I thought once we sent our dossier to China it would be such a big relief because the paperwork was done. Turns out waiting is much, much worse. We are still completely  in the normal range of the LOA wait, but every day puts us another day from her.
Unfortunately the holidays will likely slow things down some more. We will get into Chinese New Year. China shuts everything down during that holiday.
We really need our LOA in the next week or two to have a chance for February travel.

It's hard to put into words how much I miss her. In some ways I know nothing about her, but in others I feel like I already know her so well.
Going into this adoption, I knew this would be hard, but it's much, much harder than I ever could have imagined. I truly feel like a piece of me is missing.

I am doing my best to stay positive and stay focused on all the great things around me every day.



 But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.
                                                                                          Isaiah 40:31


                                                                           
Wait for the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord!
                                                                 Psalm 27:13


In the mean time....
We had a great thanksgiving. Both of our families came to our house. The food was fabulous. Basically, I just provide the location and everyone brings everything so I can say how good the food was without bragging.






And, Gabe got glasses! Just for reading but I think he looks super cute and smart! 

1 comments:

Sarah D said...

Gabe looks so handsome in his glasses! I love them. Perfect accessory for a hospitality room!

 
Blog Design by: Simply Yours Designs