Wednesday, December 11, 2013

LOA!!!!



China Says YES!!!!!!!!!

We received our Letter of Acceptance, known as the LOA, on Monday Decemeber 9th. China has now reviewed everything and they have given their offical approval, Dang Zi Shu will be Penelope Mei Fulton!

Folks, This. Is. Huge.
We got our LOA on day 47. Very, very quick. There are families that have waited well over 3 months, for their LOA, so I can't overestimate what a major blessing it is to have it in 6 weeks.

I had hoped we would get it this week or next, but when I got the email on Monday I think I was in a little bit of shock! It had already been a great day, my work had surprised me with a shower for Penelope-more to come on that-when I got back to my office, there was the best email I could possibly ask for! 

I think Jason and I still may be in a little bit of shock. Thing just got real up in here!! 
We're. Going. To. China. 

  

So the obvious question-What Next?
Monday our agency received the electronic copy of our LOA, AKA the "soft LOA". The hard copy should arrive from China within a week or so.
Next is more immigration approval-Jason and I have already been approved to bring a Chinese orphan into the US, that was our I800-A. Now we will apply for our I800, which approves Zi Shu specifically.
 This usually takes 2-3 weeks but this is the step we got expedited last time and hope we will be able to again. If you are praying with us, we can specifically use prayers that we are able to get this step expedited.

Here's what it comes down to, if things go well, I believe we are on track for February travel. With US holidays and Chinese New Year I am doubtful it could be sooner.

I have unofficially heard in the online China adoption world that the first available "Gotcha" day is Monday February 10th. We would need lots of things to fall into place for this to happen, so I hesitate to even put it out there, but I'm going to.

I am praying for February 10th. As in, less than 2 months from today!!!!!!

So-short term goal is for Chinese mail to come ASAP so we can apply for our I800.

Mama's Coming Baby Girl!!!! 

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome, will be praying!

 
Blog Design by: Simply Yours Designs