Friday, December 27, 2013

And Still, We Wait

I wish I has something better to say.
Today is day 18 of waiting for our LOA to arrive from Ch*na. We know we have the approval, the "Letter of Acceptance" shows up in the computer system, but for whatever reason it has not made it to the US yet.

I have tried to be patient. 
I really, really have. I have tried to wait well. 

This week though, during the most wonderful time of the year, I pretty much lost it. I have cried. I have cried the ugly cry. The one where your mascara is totally gone. The one where it's not the Diel Blotch any more because it's just all red. The one where you have a sick, sick headache. The one I don't anyone to ever, ever see because this is NOT the type of attention I want.

Over the last 18 days, I have asked my agency nicely. I have cried on the phone to them. I have yelled at them. I have left a voice mail that I am sure they played at their Christmas party because I sounded so ridiculous. I have written eloquent, well thought out, research based emails that would make any Diel Girl proud.

Each time, my agency has answered me with kindness and understanding that I probably don't deserve, but each time, the answer is the same. They can't control the Ch*nese Government.

Today, we did get a glimmer of hope. Ch*na has acknowledged to our agency that they have not generated our LOA yet. They told our agency they would get it in the mail today, which would have been during the night last night. I would like to think it could arrive by Monday, but that would be really fast. If it doesn't arrive Monday, we are looking at Thursday at the earliest due to the New Years holiday.

I do not want to be negative, but I do want to be honest. When Penelope reads this someday, I want her to know the truth. This is hard. So, so hard. I hate knowing that if it wasn't for this stupid piece of paper, we would probably waiting for Travel Approval right now.
 As hard as it is, I know she is worth EVERY SINGLE TEAR. She deserves a mama who will cry for her. One who loves her so much that she can hardly think clearly for missing her.
She is worth every second of this wretched, wretched wait.

So for now, we wait. We wait and we pray that next week brings better things that bring us closer to our girl.



1 comments:

Kristy (Watson) Grissom said...

Haha, ok, so I feel a bit silly but I hope this gives you a chuckle. I've been reading your blog every once in a while and sit down and have a marathon catch up session. I'm not even sure how I came across it- Eliza maybe? Anyway, I read "The one where it's not the Diel Blotch any more because it's just all red," and thought, "Ahh it has a medical name, and I can throw it at TC (my husband) the next time he comments about it." I am assuming you're talking about the red splotchiness on the neck/chest- I get it too. Anyway, I ran to google, to see what "Diel Blotch" was exactly... LOL there were a couple other hits but there's your blog popping up. Then it hit me... I bet that's a family name/thing. LOL! Thanks for the chuckle at myself!
In all seriousness though, I'm praying for you, and hope that you get that last little thing you need and approval for travel in February! Can't wait to read more about it!

 
Blog Design by: Simply Yours Designs