Friday, December 20, 2013

Hurry Up & Wait


Back to waiting. Today is day 11 of the wait for the hard copy of our LOA. We know we have the approval, but nothing else can happen until the physical paper arrives from China. I expected it to be here by Monday. I'm not gonna lie, this has me nervous. Every day it doesn't arrive pushes travel further and further out.
My agency has been so patient with my daily emails and phone calls. They continue to reassure me that this is still within the normal time frame.

They disagreed with me when I suggested that our LOA had likely fallen between the seats of some Chinese guy's delivery truck. They do not think he threw it away to avoid anyone finding out that he had spilled noodles on it. They think it is quite doubtful that the delivery man has a pet monkey that ate my LOA. They also doubt that the LOA has been delayed because it is on the desk of someone who has gotten distracted because she is planning a Disney trip.
I did indeed propose each of the previous scenarios to my agency. So I hope today is the day. The adorable new car seat cover isn't near as good as getting our LOA but it was a momentary distraction.

These boys are busy busy all the time so they help keep my mind off obsessing too much.

In the mean time, we've had lots going on so this is picture heavy....

My work surprised me with a shower for Penelope! I don't have pictures from the shower but I got to bring the AMAZING cake home-we ate the matching cupcakes at work. The boys loved it! Quincy was super excited when we cut into Barbie's cake skirt and found her legs.

 
So many gifts and donations for her orphanage. I am truly blessed to work with such great people!

Sunday was the kids Christmas program at church. Dexter has gotten so much better this year! In the past, it involved bribes/threats just to get him to go up. Now he sings so well and loves it! 

Quincy was a little bit shy but happy to be standing by Ashlyn, he loves her!! 

The Sonshine Kiddies Choir got new jingle bells!!

We went to the mall to see Santa. Per Quincy "That don't look like Santa. That looks like just some guy."

In the end, Quinn decided not to take a chance, he went ahead and told him what he wants for Christmas-Easy Bake Oven. Dex said he wants a basketball.




Gabe played nice for the picture :). 


 Look who has a stocking! Todd has gotten all of our kids these stockings. I was beyond thrilled when he brought me Penelope's!
The stockings were hung by the chimney with care...

The boys lasted about 10 minutes in the snow... 


Dexter had his kindergarten Christmas program at Ste. Marie.

He did great!  


We went to Joe's afterwards with Nanny and Papa. Mam and Bamp didn't get to come. I had given my mom stomach flu so bad that she ended up in the ER. Sorry Mam... 



Cookie, our Elf on the Shelf, finally made his way back to Homestead Drive. 
Apparently, Santa sends him a little later if the mom had pneumonia and is generally a crazy person waiting on her daughter to come home from China....

                                                                           














Last Friday I got to visit Quinn's Pre-K class. We made Gingerbread houses. Or-Quincy dipped candy and cereal in frosting and ate it



The boys wore their Christmas Mickey shirts to school today. We all wore these at Disney last year at Christmas. Wish we were there now! 

0 comments:

 
Blog Design by: Simply Yours Designs