Sunday, November 10, 2013

Can You Call It A Birthday Party????

Question-Can you call it a birthday party if the birthday girl isn't there?
Answer-I can call it whatever I want :).

It didn't seem right to let Penelope's birthday pass without some sort of recognition so I decided we would celebrate for her. As much as I wish she would have been here in Illinois eating her cake instead of in Luoyang, I know she will never have another birthday without us, so we'll have some fun in her honor while we wait.

 The Red Thread Station.
Wear a red thread bracelet for Penelope Mei


 Quincy and I showing off our bracelets.


The Fingerprint Tree. We asked everyone to add their fingerprints. We're helping start Penelope's new Family Tree!


             

 I absolutely LOVE how this is turning out!

                                                                     

Instead of gifts, we asked for donations for Penelope's orphanage. Our tentative plan is to bring them in a carry on with us to China.  

       
 It may have been even more of a success than I was prepared for!
This is so awesome!!

Super Cute Cake!! 


Even cuter guests! 




We all said prayers and made our wishes for Penelope Mei. The Chinese wish lanterns were very cool!





You can not believe how high and how far they go! Pictures do not do it justice!

Dear Penelope,
Happy 2nd Birthday. 
You will not believe how many people love you!
Hurry Home.
Love,
Your Mama

0 comments:

 
Blog Design by: Simply Yours Designs