Monday, November 4, 2013

Penelope's Room

Penelope's room is very close to complete. Maybe another treasure or 2 to add, but for now as ready as it can be. 
In one of our adoption classes we learned about what to do and what not to do with your newly adopted child's room. We were encouraged to go with simple and soothing, after all, she is used to an orphanage which unfortunately is fairly institutional at best.
We were told you want an environment with minimal stimulation.

I pretty sure I failed at this one, but I think I failed fabulously....


My mom made the curtain. Hairbow holder from Etsy. 

Fan is from China. In Epcot. Has both her Chinese and American name on it in Chinese

We found the hanging silk lantern at one of our favorite shops we visit every year on Anna Maria Island.

My mom did the stencil. It looks even better in real life. But not soothing. Definitely not simple.
I LOVE it. 


Bedding from Etsy. 


Butterfly picture is a tribute to my wonderful friend Lisa who talked my down off the ledge when I needed it and reminded me that Zi Shu is our butterfly. No matter what. 

Closet #1 

Closet #2
I don't even know what size clothes she wears... 
The other side of the closet has some bigger size clothes and the start of our China stash.

I'm so fortunate that Jason understands about all the necessities. 
When I was trying to decide which Princess dress to buy Penelope he assured me that she does indeed need all 3. 
Of course she does.


Now all we need is the Princess!!!!


2 comments:

Linda Huth said...

Thanks for the great posts. I am not sure if the new post on Penelope or the one on football made me shed the most tears! Linda Huth

~aj~ said...

A gorgeous room for a gorgeous girl! I would die of embarrassment if you saw our Abby's nursery at this point. It's my BIG project for January!

 
Blog Design by: Simply Yours Designs