Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Newton Football 2013

Another Newton Eagle Football season has come to an end. We were SOOOO not ready for football to be over this year!
Truth-there have been years where I was ready for it to be over I was much less sad to see it end. This was no one of them, we had a GREAT time!
I think I see high school football from a much different perspective than most. I am the wife of the coach.
I wish I could say I have handled it with the never ending grace and dignity I watched Jadean have all those years with Coach Bob, but the truth is that has not always been the case.
I have come to terms with the fact that many, many people will never have the chance to know Jason. Not Coach Fulton, but Jason.
I promise if you did, you would never scream at him from the stands. You would never ever send him an anonymous letter filled with so much hate that I try not to remember it. You would not shame yourself, your family, and your school board by standing in a public forum to speak against him. You would not make yourself look even more the fool wasting time at the ball park trying to get others to rise up with you. You would not call board member after board member to see what it will take to get him fired.


The truth is, he's this guy. 
The guy who's not embarrassed to wear matching tye died Christmas Mickey Mouse shirts at Disney world because he knows it make his wife happy.


Or matching Fulton Family Vacation shirts because it is a tradition. 

He's the guy that takes pictures on the first day of Pre-K cause I had to work. 



He's the guy who said YES to him.... 

And Him.... 

And to Her. 

So whatever you think you know about him, think again.

That being said, on to football 2013!....

5 comments:

Sarah D said...

I like your lady balls.
I also like your husband, Our Coach, my brother-in-law and one of my best friends. I wish people had a clue how much he hates to lose and no matter what, even if they were playing the Dallas Cowboys, would think the Newton Eagles Football team has a shot at winning. You are lucky to have him. I'm lucky to have him. It's way too bad the dumbass haters have no clue how lucky they are to have him
(but you know what Dad says about a dumbass).

Michelle F said...

I originally specifically called out sling but thought better of it. You know, in my quest to be more lady like.

Sarah D said...

Mom will be glad.

Anonymous said...

I am very proud of my son and you described him wonderfully. He is a wonderful father, husband, son and all around great person. He truly cares about his football boys on and off the field and realizes that building character is very important, not just as a team, but in life. He cares about their future and lets face it most of them will not go on to play football after high school. But they do need to lead successful and productive lives and Jason cares about that for them and wants to see them succeed. I pray for him and all the family every day and thank the Lord for all of you!!! Love you all, Nanny Fulton

Kate said...

If only people would first think of the person and not the "title" before they open their mouths, the world would be a little more civil. Rock on, (coach) JASON.

 
Blog Design by: Simply Yours Designs