Sunday, August 18, 2013

Magic Kingdom part 1

 
Our first park day was spent at the Magic Kingdom. Anyone who has been to Disney with me knows that I run a pretty tight ship. I think I was more relaxed this time, But we did need to rope drop MK.
If you're not super familiar with Disney, In my opinion the most important thing is to arrive at least 30 minutes before the park opens. You can get more done in the first few hours than in the whole rest of the day.
 
Again, we LOVED being on the monorail. Jason loved not having to fold up the double stroller, he could wheel it right on. 



 
Waiting for rope drop. We "brought" Penelope with us :).


 
And we're off... the masses headed into the Magic Kingdom.

 
You can tell my boys are growing up. This time we did not head to Dumbo first. Instead we went right to Space Mountain. This is the first time Q has been tall enough to ride. He was excited but got more and more nervous the closer we got. In the middle of the ride he yelled "I'm never riding this again." Q can't say his "R's", so now read it again without the R's. Even cuter.
 
A few tears were shed, but he was over it quickly. Gabe and Dex rode it a million more times over the course of the trip.
We found a friend outside of Space Mountain.  Hello Stitch!
 
On to shoot aliens at Buzz Lightyear's Space Spin. We all love this one. Gabe and Dex were pretty tight this trip. They rode everything together.
 
 
Jason, Quinn and I squeezed in together. Tight. Fit.


 
Astro Orbiter. I think this is the scariest ride in WDW. It's like Dumbo but high in the sky. It feels really fast to me. Jason does not do spinning well so he sat this one out.


 
Dex showing off some move in New Fantasyland. 
 
Dumbo play area. I have a love hate relationship with this. It really is a great idea. Basically is a huge play area, Dumbo themed. Instead of waiting in a 45 minute line, you get a pager and your kids can play. They page you when it's your turn to ride. Our kids love it. Its air conditioned. The hard part is getting them out of there.
 
 

 
We all love Dumbo. Classic.  

 
As we were riding all these rides that have been family favorites for years, I couldn't help but think of Penelope. I can't wait to share this with her. I know her life in her orphanage is not great, to say the least. I promise I will spend the rest of her life making it up to her.




0 comments:

 
Blog Design by: Simply Yours Designs