Sunday, October 20, 2013

DTC!!

As of Friday 10/18/13, we are officially DTC, Dossier To China.!!
Everything is done on the US side for now. Our agency sent our dossier on Friday. They had told us it would take 9-11 business days to review and translate those big stacks of documents, but they did it in 4 days! I was checking my email about every 5 seconds, hoping to see that DTC email. I jumped up and down and screamed when it came in Friday afternoon.


So now, we wait for our LID-Log in Date, basically China acknowledging they got our dossier. Hopefully that will be within a week or 2. 
Then we get in the next line, the line for our LOA- the Letter of Acceptance. This is the next big step and the last long step. This can take anywhere from 1-3 months. 
If you are taking the time to read this, please take an extra 10 seconds and say a prayer that we are on the short side of the LOA wait. In fact, let's just pray for the fastest LOA ever!

So while these may seem like small steps, each one gets us closer to getting our Penelope Mei home.
It can't come soon enough! 
As it gets colder here I can't stand to think of her being cold. I'm almost sure there aren't a lot of extra blankets. 
Her orphanage has no heat. 
This week she had a TB test and a chest xray- both just routine steps to prepare her to come to the US. I know it sounds like a little thing, but I have had a really hard time with this one. I remember when Gabe was a baby and was in the hospital with RSV. The chest xray was torture for him. He screamed and screamed until they gave him back to us. 
For Zi Shu, there's no one to give her back to. 
She so deserves a family to provide for those most basic things, a blanket when you're cold. A mama to hold her when she needs a shot. All these kids deserve it! 
If I could go there today, I would. Patience is not a virtue of mine. It is very, very hard for me to have no control whatsoever over how this goes. 

So for now, we wait. And maybe continue to shop. This week it was a stroller. I think Jason's worried what I'll buy if this lasts much longer...

3 comments:

Sarah D said...

This is the post that left Ya Ya a sobbing mess. I can't stand the thought of her being cold.

I'm off to Lolly Wolly Doodle to buy her some nice warm minky.

Michelle F said...

I know, this is a rough one. But minky always helps! BTW, I may have tried some clothes on a certain baby I had access to this weekend *cough* Maddox *cough*. Let's just say the 12 month LWD dress fit well and looked adorable on him...

Sarah D said...

I hope there are pictures of that! His hair had to look cute with a bow!

 
Blog Design by: Simply Yours Designs