Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Home Study

To say the China process is different from our 2 previous adoptions is the understatement of the century. So so so much more complicated.

Yesterday was our first home study visit. We met with our social worker in Champaign for 2 hours to talk about why we wanted to adopt, why China, why why why why why.....

Luckily our social worker was super cool. She took it well when I realized our adoption petition- one of the super super official notarized documents we needed to turn in yesterday-had a really stupid mistake. I had typed my birth date wrong. Not Jason's. My. Own. Birthday. Stupid and embarrassing way to start. Nothing says "Please say I'm competent to raise someone else's child" like starting off with a dumb (fake) blonde moment.

Needless to say we survived round one. We got invited back for the individual interviews. I assume these are the ones where she asks how often we do it? Note to self, make sure we coordinate our answers.


In the meantime, I had been saying we were done with our part of the paperwork. Turns out, not so much. Fabulous social worker gave us a new stack.
Apparently we have one or 2 more pages to fill out....


Interesting trivia for our Mei Mei - One of your likely future BFFs Emery Wolf's dad is pitching for the Texas Rangers on TV in the background. Go Ross!!

0 comments:

 
Blog Design by: Simply Yours Designs