Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Mother's Day

One may expect that I might have a fabulous Mother's Day post. I do in fact, have so much to be thankful for. I have 3 amazing boys and am on the road to add a little girl to the mix. I am truly Blessed.

I could post about how much fun it was to go to Dex and Quinn's school on their last day of Pre-K, how I loved getting to come to their class and make a picture frame with them.


I could definitely post about how proud I was of Gabe for getting an attitude award-Way Proud!!



I could talk about how it was fun for Dex and I to get to sneak away to Effingham by ourselves. We ate Chinese, got a copy of my birth certificate, and Dexter pretended to shoot the canon on the courthouse lawn.

But the most memorable thing about Mother's Day 2013 definitely has to be my tragic lip injury. Total freak accident, I was pushing Dexter on the swing when he flung his head back at exactly the wrong moment. I seriously felt my lip pop.

This was immediately after, the pic I sent to one of the docs I work with to ask him what to do (you don't want to know the answer).
 This was how it looked by the end of the evening.

 Basically at this point I am resigned to the fact that I will be sporting a bruise mustache for the next week or more.
Happy Freakin Mother's Day. I love you boys. And to our future daughter, I promise I won't look like this forever.


To cleanse the palate-here's a better picture of me with my favorite niece in the whole world.

1 comments:

Sarah D said...

Your lip is just horrid. More importantly, did you eat at Panda Express (or depress as Harrison calls it).
I know you are not shocked that I read this post and my take away was "where did they eat and what did they have?"

 
Blog Design by: Simply Yours Designs